“A couple who can travel together, can stay together.”
You’ll hear some variation of this statement a number of times when you start to embark on adventures with your significant other. It’s pretty cliche, but it does make sense.
Traveling as a couple, and crossing off destinations on your Couples Bucket List, often requires you to tap in various dimensions of your relationship. You’re so far out of your comfort zones that it’s needed. You have to compromise, think outside the box, be patient and have each others’ backs. Why? Traveling can get a little crazy. You get lost (more than once), you’re often surrounded by people who don’t speak the same language, you’re jet lagged, you’re both completely unfamiliar with your surroundings and you’re trying to fit a lifetime’s worth of experiences into a week or two. But, it’s also exhilarating, refreshing and can completely overwhelm you with immense gratitude and appreciation for this world. All of those emotions together are an experience unlike any other.
Traveling is always surprising, but that’s what makes it so phenomenally special. That’s also why experiencing it with someone you really care about makes the journey even more incredible. You meet amazing people together, you taste new foods, you marvel at breath-taking sites, you analyze artistic masterpieces and you let the wonders of this world change you, and change your hearts.
So, without further ado, here is a list of 50 travel adventures to go on together, and 50 new opportunities to discover invigorating experiences with someone you love.
The Couples Bucket List:
- Scuba dive in Sipadan Island, Malaysia, where you’ll discover the most breathtaking underwater wildlife in the world.
- See the Eiffel Tower lights sparkle at night in Paris. They’ll twinkle every hour, on the hour from sundown to midnight every night.
- Take a cooking class together in Tuscany, Italy.
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Visit a floating market in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Walk along the Charles Bridge, and have a beer in Old Time Square in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Marvel at the The Last Judgment by Michelangelo on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
- Stay in a Bungalow on the clear blue waters of Bora Bora.
- Soak in the atmosphere in the Red Square in Moscow, Russia.
- Go wine tasting in the fabulous vineyards of Napa Valley, California.
- See a film at an Open Air Cinema in Santorini, Greece.
- Check out the fish market, gum wall and OG Starbucks in Seattle, Washington.
- Walk through the beautiful fields of tulips at the Keukenhof Gardens in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Relax in the thermal baths of Budapest, Hungary.
- Watch the sunrise in the Grand Canyon.
- Sunbathe on the French Riviera in Menton, France.
- Go on a romantic river cruise in Sicily, Italy.
- Check out the Northern Lights in Iceland.
- Walk the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany.
- Stand in the lights of Times Square in New York City.
- Hear Big Ben ring in London, England.
- Experience the Great Wall of China in Beijing.
- Explore the natural wonder of the Galapagos in Ecuador. Interact with some of the most unique species in the world all in one place.
- Walk in a winter wonderland through the ice castles of Midway, Utah.
- Take a goofy photo in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.
- Indulge in tours filled with tapas, paella and Sangria in Madrid, Spain.
- Live like the stars for a week, and check out Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.
- Paddle board around the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.
- Visit one of Rome’s most historical and enduring icons at the The Roman Colosseum in Italy.
- Feel the mist and magic of Niagara Falls.
- Stand in awe at the wonder of the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, Ireland.
- Stroll down the jazz-filled streets of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Witness the power of the Taj Mahal right before daybreak in Arga, India.
- Explore Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia.
- Travel back in time with the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
- Go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Immerse yourself in US History and politics by walking through the numerous free Museums in Washington, DC.
- Experience one of the most amazing 7 Wonders of the Ancient World by gazing up at the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
- Go for a canoe ride in the Amazon Jungle in Ecuador, the largest and most well-known jungle in the world.
- Pose in front of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California.
- Take the Aerial Cableway up the Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Sink your teeth in to a traditional Philly Cheese Steak in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Smile at the Mona Lisa at the Louvre Art Museum in Paris, France.
- Tour the historic quarters, gardens and beaches of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Stand at the feet of the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Peru.
- Take in the magnificent sites of the Yellowstone National Park.
- Ride the Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui pier in Hong Kong.
- Hang with Mickey and Minnie where dreams come true in Disney World, Orlando, Florida.
- Visit the mountains of British Columbia and the Canadian Arctic tundra to view Canada’s famous and iconic bears.
- Spend a portion of your time on each of these trips talking to the locals, embracing the culture and diversifying your perspectives. Open your hearts to the multi-dimensional human experience, and let these travels not only strengthen the love you have for each other, but the love you have for the world you live in.
Want to cross off these items off your Couple’s Bucket List together? Below is a Pinnable and Printable version to keep track!
Here are also some cheesy photos of my boyfriend and I going on some of these adventures together. Here’s to getting to the end of this list along with you all.