Budget decorating can sometimes feel like an art form. I’ve crafted, couponed and ikea-ed my way through a few apartments with very little funds and found that sharing ideas online is half the fun. So here are a few quick snaps of some of my own tactics for giving your place personality without giving your bank account a serious injury.
1. Show off your coffee mug collection.
My friends handmade this for me with a shelf, i-hooks and block lettering because they’re fabulous.
2. Scatter fill your Ikea shelves.
3. Setup a little wet bar.
This only is sitting on a wooden lazy susan serving tray that’s $8 at Ikea.
4. Bring some city pride into your place.
There are city wall decals for a bunch of different cities for $15 on Amazon.
5. Add some guest takeaways to your bathroom.
6. Make sure your coffee has a nice home in your kitchen.
7. Throw in a few rustic pieces that stand out in a room.
This clock was a $25 Tj Maxx find from the home department.
8. Add wall decals to spice up those rented white walls.
9. Display your little electronics as decor.
10. Use your unique serving decor to liven up your kitchen.
11. Hang up simple, fashionable wall art.
12. Find a patterned area rug to pull rooms together.
13. Add lights to exhibit areas of personality in your place.
14. Use books as decoration.
15. Throw in your favorite trinkets for finishing touches.
If you have ideas too and love the idea of sharing, follow me on Pinterest where this brief preview extends into my mild obsession.
More About the Author
Lexi is the founder of HerTrack.com. She is also an SEO Nerd living in New York City with her cat and collection of cheesy coffee mugs. Lexi contributes to a number of online publications and is always trying to get involved in the conversation. She’s an advocate for equality, knowledge, healthy relationships, compassion, self-confidence, integrity and above all, love. She’s addicted to caffeinated beverages and people who make her smile.
- DIY2017.12.128 Easy Christmas Decorations For Sprucing up Your Apartment This Holiday
- Her Style2017.12.0310 Ugly Christmas Sweater Ideas to Try at This Year’s Holiday Party
- Health2017.11.1910 Relaxation Gifts For Giving the Gift of Chill This Holiday
- Career2017.11.046 Ways We Can Actively Fight Female Stereotypes in the Workplace