Love is terrifying, and terror is love.
How exceptional is falling in love? How breathtakingly incredible. How painful and enchanted it is to have your protected vessel opened. It presents so many chances for overwhelming pain, and also for captivating joy. It’s a double-edged sword that can release your innermost desires and also your deepest fears.
Oh, love. How petrifying and wondrous is the single most infinite component of human life.
- They see who you really are. Your insecurities and flaws lie exposed like an open wound.
- They want you regardless. You know that what you see as ugliness is lovable. You know you’re perfectly imperfect to another person, and few things in life match that comfort.
- They can leave you and you know you’ll feel a little lost if they do.
- They can stay. They can be there when no one else is.
- They can hold you back in life.
- They can support and push you. They can directly aid in the pursuit of your dreams.
- They have expectations for you that you could not be able to meet. You could become a disappointment.
- You could fulfill every hope and then some. You could be gratifying and refreshing in all that you are.
- They could be unfaithful to you and embarrass you.
- They’re choosing you and only you. Being with you means they want you. You’re wanted solely and exclusively, which is worth the risk.
- They can hurt you.
- They can heal you.
- They can expose and exploit you.
- They can listen to and keep every one of your secrets. They can be your safe home and endless confidant.
- They can take you from the people in your life.
- They can encourage you to spend time with the people you love, and also introduce you to new and exciting people.
- They can painfully reject your opinions and beliefs.
- They can open your mind to new perspectives.
- They can easily break you down.
- They can easily build you up.
- Everything could change.
- Or, they can change everything.
More About the Author
Lexi is the founder of HerTrack.com. She is also an SEO Nerd living in New York City with her cat and collection of cheesy coffee mugs. Lexi contributes to a number of online publications and is always trying to get involved in the conversation. She’s an advocate for equality, knowledge, healthy relationships, compassion, self-confidence, integrity and above all, love. She’s addicted to caffeinated beverages and people who make her smile.