- She is constantly seen wearing one of her 800 pairs of pajamas. We need more pajamas in our lives.
- She has her own business and will probably work until the day they put her in her grave, and I’ve never once heard her complain about working.
- You can only find my grandma drinking the driest red wine around or long island iced tea. Go big or go home, or go grandma or go home rather.
- My grandma has a ton of cheetah print. Now how many of you are bold enough to wear cheetah? Exactly.
- Food is her favorite aspect of hospitality. After you’ve had the other courses, including dessert, if she catches you sitting idle without food in front of you,
she will offer you oatmeal or cereal. It’s like the food courses start over or something. It’s a never ending eating cycle.
- She likes to leave me really long voicemails. What ever happened to voicemails?
- Her cabinet is always stock piled with snacks. Enough said.
- She likes to make comments about her opinions in a way that she thinks is subtle but is actually very blatant. It’s honest and hilarious.
- She will give you the shirt off her back. I am not being figurative either. I have actually told the woman I like something she is wearing and she has tried to take it off and give it to me.
- When I was a kid she’d always be the one to suggest a sleepover and she’d let me pile my stuffed animals on top of us and get popcorn crumbs in her bed.
- She started wearing bright lipstick before it was a trend.
- She never takes no for an answer. Do you want some more soup? No, I’m okay we have to head out soon. Here, I’ll put it in a Tupperware container. No, grandma it’s fine. There you go, I threw in a box of crackers and napkins too. Okay, I surrender.
- She has the biggest room in the house, and doesn’t share it with my pap. BOSS STATUS.
- She wears her patterned reading glasses around her neck when she is attempting not to lose them. I should start wearing everything around my neck that I lose. Wallet, keys, phone…
- My grandma is the fastest walker on this side of the Mississippi. Why did we ever mess around with running, when we could be like grandma and walk with an equivalent velocity?
- She likes to give me a disappointed look whenever she sees the disgusting state of my bedroom or car and then say something like “Oh honey, I can help you clean this.”
- When she has her girlfriends over to drink wine on the porch, she makes my pap come to the kitchen window and refill their glasses. Why can’t we all be her?
- She is always down for an impromptu Tropical Treat run.
- She has not and will not ever wear anything that has the tiniest wrinkle in it. We are all a bunch of slobs, my friends.
- She’s always making sure you are fed and wearing socks. What is more essential than that?
- She’s friends with every single person in town. And if she isn’t your friend, you best believe she will talk to you at the grocery store for two hours regardless.
- She’s always happy, always giving, and always loving. Basically, the world would be a much better place if we would all just put on our cheetah reading glasses, crack open the box of red wine, and be more like grandma.
PS: My grammy is also the bomb. She has a whole list of her own. We just need to become grandmas before we are actually cool.
More About the Author
Lexi is the founder of HerTrack.com. She is also an SEO Nerd living in New York City with her cat and collection of cheesy coffee mugs. Lexi contributes to a number of online publications and is always trying to get involved in the conversation. She’s an advocate for equality, knowledge, healthy relationships, compassion, self-confidence, integrity and above all, love. She’s addicted to caffeinated beverages and people who make her smile.
- DIY2017.12.128 Easy Christmas Decorations For Sprucing up Your Apartment This Holiday
- Her Style2017.12.0310 Ugly Christmas Sweater Ideas to Try at This Year’s Holiday Party
- Health2017.11.1910 Relaxation Gifts For Giving the Gift of Chill This Holiday
- Career2017.11.046 Ways We Can Actively Fight Female Stereotypes in the Workplace